Horton’s House is an open home environment and we make great efforts to make sure your pet feels loved and safe in our home. To ensure that each pet receives individualized and personal attention, we only take in a limited number of pets.
Our dedication to the care and well-being of our guests is of utmost importance. We appreciate your adherence and observation of the following requirements and considerations.
No pet will be permitted without a current evaluation, vaccination report, Registration Form, and Boarding Agreement on file.
Your pet must be:
- Comfortable in a social setting with other animals and humans and does not exhibit aggressive behavior or habits that would exclude them as a welcomed guest. Horton’s House reserves the right to dismiss any pet that is aggressive, destructive of property or otherwise not able to fit in a social setting.
- Spayed/neutered. There may be limited exceptions (i.e., puppies) based on individual assessment and prior approval.
- In good health and is free of any contagious conditions at least three (3) weeks prior to any visit.
- Current on on the following vaccinations: Canine Distemper, Parvo, Bordetella, and Rabies. Bordetella must have been administered within six (6) months.
- Negative Fecal Report within the last six (6) months; last 90 days for new clients.
- Free of fleas. We suggest that they have been on a flea treatment program and have had a bath. We make every reasonable effort to control and prevent the transfer of fleas but we are not responsible if your pet picks up fleas. We reserve the right to refuse any animal with an obvious flea/tick problem.